- Construction of the first integrated petrochemical complex in Atyrau region;
- Operation of the complex, including the production and sale of industrial products, manufactured by the Complex;
- Implementation of activities necessary for and related to the engineering, design and construction of the complex, but not limited to, functions of the client and technical oversight on contracts for engineering, procurement and construction for the Project, Complex and all other related agreements;
- Implementation of measures related to attracting the funds for the implementation of the Project and Complex;
- Implementation of activities for the production and sale of industrial products manufactured by the Complex, including all products of gas processing and petrochemical;
- Any other activities not prohibited by legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
About the Project
The project was developed in the framework of the "Program of development of petrochemical industry of the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2008-2013", approved by the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated December 29, 2007 № 1352, in order to use existing large volumes of gas from Tengiz and Kashagan feedstock for chemical complex producing expensive petrochemical products for subsequent sale in the domestic and export markets.
The project is included in the State Program on forced industrial-economic development of the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2010-2014, approved by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated March 19, 2010 № 958.
Integrated petrochemical complex consists of two process units - the dehydrogenation of propane to propylene production and installation of the polymerization of propylene to produce an end product of polypropylene. In the framework of the project is expected to develop existing and construction of new infrastructure - gas turbine power plant, water treatment plants, fuel gas and water pipelines, road and rail interchanges, etc.
To implement the project selected the latest technology of Lummus Technology Inc. - Propane dehydrogenation technology Catofin and polypropylene production technology Novolen. Company Lummus Technology Inc. is the recognized world leader in licensing petrochemical productions.
Capacity of the established enterprise
500 000 metrical ton of polypropylene per year.
The final product is a polypropylene and its co- polymers in the form of granules. Polypropylene is widely used in engineering, medicine, electrical engineering, in the manufacture of packaging materials, packaging, fibers, pipes and fittings for hot water supply, office equipment and consumer electronics, consumer goods, garden and office furniture, and others. Valuable physical and chemical properties and relative ease of processing polypropylene pellets into the final product makes it extremely attractive material that can compete with more expensive resins.
The project is implemented in the special economic zone "National industrial petrochemical technopark." The territory allotted for construction of the complex, located 35 km from Atyrau, 12 km east of the railway station Karabatan.